Sunday, September 21, 2008

YARN! DYE! Wheeeee!

Okay so here are the first pics. I neglected to take any while I was skeining it last night or when I first lay it out this morning. It was Lion Brand Wool in Winter white (not overly splurging until I am sure that I can do this.

** I am being sentimental at the moment. Although this colorway isn't something brand new (I'm sure we've all seen something similar) I'm calling mine Becky... the reason is that today would have been my mother's 65th birthday. She passed away 2.5 years ago and would have LOVED to dye yarn.

She never got the hang of knitting but was a mean crocheter. One of the neatest things I have is an afghan that she started for me before she passed on. One of the ladies I work with was kind enough to finish it. It's Sam's now and I love it. Anyway - Cheers mom, here's to you. XOXOXO
If you can sort of see - it's a bright green (leaves), blue (sky) and burgundy (turned leaves). The inspiration was found looking out my window yesterday!

And here it is in the pan ready to go - it's been covered with foil and put in the oven at 250! I will say that I did use a turkey baster to put the dye on. It went pretty easily for me. Samuari Knitter's tip's helped so much. I had hardly any mess and I think the colors did pretty well where they joined... at least before it's been baked! :)

More to come!

No comments: