Monday, September 15, 2008

New "hobby"

To date, my few entries have been about my sewing. While I will continue to smock and quilt (for sure!) I have a new "hobby" (if you want to call it that, addiction works too.)

Knitting.

I learned to crochet from my mom when I was very young, but as she never got the hang of knitting, it's not something that she was able to teach me. I learned about a year ago, made the requisite hat for Sam and that was about it.

Well 2 weeks ago I thought to use up a bit of yarn stash by knitting a little bunny cuddler for my niece's baby shower. It started a storm!! Now I'm doing my first socks... one of them is almost finished. Although I don't think that I'll be making the 2nd one. (I don't particularly care for the pattern. It was GREAT to learn with though!)

Anyways - that's it... so we'll see where this goes. I'm quickly becoming a sucker for hang-dyed yarns. I see how people get so deeply entrenched! :)

No comments: