Monday, September 15, 2008

Just one more thing...

I guess it's all or nothing for me with blogging. Tons to say or nothing.

I do just have to add this though. I went yarn shopping this weekend. I didn't buy a ton, but I really wanted to visit a store that I had been to once before that's about 45 minutes from home.

I packed up Sam (which can take quite a bit of doing) and head up the hill. Of course, I was doomed to be stuck behind a group of 8 goldwing riders that for some reason decided to drive 20 mph under.

I finally get to said yarn shop. Okay - here's my dilemma. It's heaven (of course) there are just tons of gorgeous yarns there, hand-dyed and otherwise. I could have stayed there all day. One of the lovely ladies there was good enough to even play with my daughter so that I could check out. It really was lovely. However...

WHY is it that some knitters (i refuse to label it further than that as some are older, younger, etc.) must overly offer opinions. The lady who owns the shop knew that I was looking for sock yarn ( I said as much.) She pointed me in the right direction - which was perfect. Then however she proceeded to run a commentary on what I should and should not buy. She thought one handpainted that I picked up was gorgeous, but I shouldn't buy it (great sales technique by the way). It didn't contain nylon. It would fall apart. I would have holey soles.

NOW - let me just say, I am absolutely all for experienced advice. But for heaven's sake, if I see a beautiful yarn that I love and must have, don't talk me out of buying it.

I did buy some gorgeous handpainted (that she approved of) but it's not the other. That shade of green was just one of the most gorgeous things I've ever seen.

Oh well. Just goes to show I might be doing a bit more of my yarn buying online from now on. Which I hate to do. I 'd love to shop at my local shop. But the ladies there are snobby and some of their prices are $5 or more higher than what I can find online. *sigh*

That's my vent I guess. Don't mean to be bitchy, but really. Let me have my pretties if I want them! It's my $15 to spend!!!!!

No comments: