Monday, January 6, 2014

Wow… it's just been that long.

So honestly, it's sort of embarrassing coming back to a blog that you haven't touched in almost 3 years.  But if I've learned anything in a three-year absence it's that the truth hurts - and that doesn't mean we put a shiny layer on and make it new. Let's take the rough-around-the-edges truth, and go from there.

As I sat this morning, sipping my coffee, hair wet, awaiting an email reply for my stay-at-home job, I came across a blog that was just what was needed - www.sewliberated.typepad.com.

I ADORE this mama's approach to parenting. I ADORE her patterns (Esme shirt pattern is ordered and fabric is on hand - I'm ecstatic!) I'm just in love with this blog - so much so that I went back 2 years and consumed it bit by lovely bit.

It was amazing perspective for me. It was inspiring and kind, hopeful and sad. It was everything I needed in that moment.

So today - I am starting things one at a time. I don't have to have all of it done today. But I do have to move - out of my comfort zone - off of my couch - out of the "sorry for myself" state I want to be in and into the light.

One kitchen cabinet cleaned out.
One knitting project picked back up even for just a few minutes.
One choice to make one moment with my daughter and son exactly what it should be.

My children are beautiful and healthy. I have a devoted and loving husband. I am so fortunate.

If you are reading this (and can bear with me being bossy for a minute), Stop. Stop for one moment. Breathe - a deep, cleansing breath. If there's pain, acknowledge it. Cry if tears come. If there's joy, revel in it. Smile, with abandon. Who cares if anyone is watching? If there is anger, stop and shake its hand - yell if yelling is required. If there is peace, soak every ounce of it in. Close your eyes and experience all of the love that is waiting.

Let's let as many moments as will be be just like that perfect autumn afternoon, playing in the leaves, loving the last of the summer sunlight.  :)

love and peace~
Sara



No comments: