Monday, October 25, 2010

SAFF '10

What fun we had yesterday at the Southeastern Animal Fiber Fair! It's so amazing to see what these people do with their animal fibers. Of course, Sam had a delightful time with all the animals, especially the alpaca. Oh my!




 Did I mention the llamas? Sam felt like waving to say hello. :-)


 
(Can I have one? guess not.) I was surprised at how affordable it is to buy a sheep. I don't know why I was surprised. I suppose I just don't see livestock as something that is attainable. Upkeep - yup, that's a different story, but it doesn't stop me from wanting my own fiber producing animals.  :-)

There was a tractor show going on next door - we didn't get to stop by, but it looked like fun!

And the mustang - not ours - or anyone we know, but we had to have a picture. So thank you to the obliging (if unknowing) anonymous mustang owner whose beautiful car we photographed.

So there you have it. Michael took time away from deer season to come spend some time with us and my family - and it was wonderful!

3 comments:

Mel said...

Ohohoh!! Get a llama and we can sing the Llama Song!! :-)

Oh she's just too cute.
She wants a llama...I can tell!
:-/

Mel said...

Yeahyeah....I know I should ooooh and ahhhhh the little red Mustang--but secretly....(shhhhhh) I'm drooling over the little green tractor!

It's a secret, though....don't tell. :-D

Sara said...

See I would like to have both the mustang and the tractor - I'm greedy that way. If it could all come wrapped up in a package with a white, two-story farm house and at least 100 acres, I wouldn't complain - but you know, I'm gracious that way. :-)